Thursday, January 10, 2008

Socks!

So, I was on a roll towards finishing my sweater project, but I went on a sock tangent instead.

I made my first socks! They're a little roomy and and slighty mismatched but I love them. I brought 4 skeins of brown tweed with me from college and one of them is a trespassing brown tweed from a different company so one sock has a slightly different shade toe. That's okay because I'm making up for it with a beautiful pair of Green tweed socks.

One of the Brown socks with the same color throughout
yarn: Queensland Kathmandu Tweed Aran
pattern: by Joan Fernbach http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/socksthreesizes.htm


Here's my other sock still needing a mate.
yarn: Classic Elite Skye Tweed in green, Nature Spun from Brown Sheep Company in butterscotch
pattern: by Joan Fernbach http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/socksthreesizes.htm


I got commissioned to knit some legwarmers for a friend and did one of them today.
I'm really pleased with how it turned out. It's my first time working with Rowan Soft Tweed. I love it so now I have to get some of my own for other projects!
yarn: Rowan Soft Tweed
pattern: my own


AND....here is the j. crew sweater I got in the mail from eBay. I'm obsessed with it.

1 comment:

James said...

The green socks kick ass! They make me want to take the unfinished socks off my wall (you know, where unfinished socks go). I have a ton of soft tweed for a sweater that I haven't started yet. All in good time. Awesome hat and rug as well.